History wall display, Wallace Building
The Department of Geological Sciences, established in 1910 at the University of Manitoba, is the oldest geological school in Western Canada.
In 2010, in recognition of a century of service to the geological community, the Foundation provided $7500 in funding to support a permanent “History Wall” display in the Wallace Building, the current home of the Department of Geological Sciences.
Paleontology and mineral display, Brandon University
The Foundation gift of $15,000 in 2008 to the Geology Department of Brandon University was the springboard for the new display gallery. The Foundation’s gift and matching provincial funds were used to build new gallery display cases and to acquire additional teaching specimens to be housed in them.
The gallery was named APEGM Geoscience Gallery, to recognize the funding supplied through the Foundation by the professional Association, then known as Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (APEGM), now known as Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.